Smart Buildings Consultant
Are you a Smart Buildings professional looking to shape the future of our planet? Buro Happold is looking to recruit a Smart Buildings Consultant for our rapidly growing Digital Advisory team in the UK.
Buro Happold’s newly formed Digital Advisory team focuses on delivering technology and information transformation to clients to enhance their financial, environmental and social performance (the triple-bottom-line).
Our projects vary considerably; from defining the smart city technologies that will transform the resident, worker or visitor experience, to developing a sophisticated data-driven 3D model of a university campus to determine the most effective route to net zero carbon, to outlining the team, processes and policies required for our clients to manage data quickly and securely... However, all our projects have engineering or ‘real-world asset’ expertise at their core and it is that, with our relentless focus on the triple-bottom-line, that makes us unique.
The team works across a range of consulting areas including strategy, business case development, program management, data, governance, solution development, innovation and change management. We are looking for consultants who want to collaborate with other offices, our experts in design, and technologists internally and externally to make a real-world difference.
- Consulting directly with clients, advising on a broad range of AEC technology that will enable them to meet their operational and efficiency goals, and leading the development of technical deliverables from brief through to specification, tender support, and soft landings.
- Working on a broad range of projects to support other disciplines and lead the integrated design of technology including production of design deliverables.
- Providing support & training to engineering teams in Integrated systems design.
- Supporting work-winning and the development of our Smart Buildings /campus & Building Diagnostics service offers.
- Contributing to the development of design tools & processes.
- Mentoring and supporting junior staff in the team.
Your skills & experience
- Experience working as a Smart Buildings Consultant / Engineer, ideally within the UK.
- Familiarity with the wider industry markets, and trends in technology adoption.
- Able to effectively understand and communicate the architecture of technology integration in written documentation including specification methods.
- Experienced in the procurement and commissioning processes and able to witness and validate outcomes.
- Excellent computer and IT skills, including office suite.
- Self-motivated to identify tasks and more effective/efficient ways of delivering value to our clients.
- Relevant qualifications, ideally accompanied with evidence of progress towards professional registration with a relevant body (e.g., CIBSE).
Attributes for success
- Integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
- Ability to analyse information and deliver insightful, practical client-oriented insights or recommendations.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team to understand the needs from a technology and digital perspective.
- Ability to clearly articulate your thoughts, ideas, and develop a point of view about your work.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
- The confidence to build lasting and trusted relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and with defined timelines and milestones.
What we offer
- Hybrid working and international remote working for up to 4 weeks per year.
- Parental leave, up to six months on full salary.
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible holiday.
- 3pm finish on the last Friday of the month.
- 10% pension contribution (based on 5% employer contribution)
- Life Assurance and Income Protection.
- Professional subscriptions.
- Flexible Benefits - including Cycle scheme, Dental insurance, Optical Cover, Travel insurance, Corporate discounts.
We value flexible working and welcome applications from those who are seeking this in their careers.
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
A place for everyone
Buro Happold values individual's flexible approaches to working patterns as an important part of the way you work and achieve balance. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Our exceptional portfolio of projects is the result of the diversity of thought, identities, backgrounds and experiences that shape us. Appreciating each other’s differences is key, we want employees to feel they don’t have to mask elements of their identity to thrive.
We are working to change the lack of representation of marginalised groups in the built environment and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact email@example.com so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.