Senior Water Engineer - UK wide
Be part of something big at Buro Happold.
From helping shape entire cities to tackling the challenge of climate action, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our work and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
Operating in 25 locations worldwide, with 54 partners and over 1,900 employees; for over 40 years we are a world-class global practice of engineers, consultants and advisers.
An opportunity for an experienced, driven and knowledgeable civil engineer to join our Water Group at Senior Engineer grade, based in one of our UK locations. The Water Group is located in three of Buro Happold’s offices – Bath, London, and Leeds. This position will see you promoting technical innovation, and high-quality production, and due to the geographical spread of our projects, can offer opportunities to travel globally.
The candidate will be Chartered, or very close to attaining chartered status, and will have developed their expertise in at least one of the following areas;
- Flood Risk Management
- Water Resource Management
- Coastal & Maritime Engineering.
This Will Encompass:
Technical Leadership incorporating:
- Preparation and technical leadership of designs for Water related projects.
- Preparation of Technical Specifications and overseeing the work/specifications of less experienced members of the Engineering team.
- Undertaking project technical/quality reviews and attending design reviews for projects.
- Contributing to group initiatives with respect to technical development / market sectors and processes.
- Leading Water discipline projects (both UK and non-UK projects) on behalf of the group (operating as Job or Project Leader as appropriate), taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships.
- Leading multiple projects across the group, taking responsibility for the engineering solutions.
- Review, with the support of the Associate Director or Director, job financial performance and manage resources accordingly.
- Leading a team on specific UK and non-UK projects within the Group (mainly junior Engineers and Technicians).
- Guiding the range of team members in order to achieve the project success.
- Supporting delivery of the team’s Performance and Development Review process.
- Support the group in seeking new work from existing clients.
- Supporting the group’s marketing goals and plan.
- Develop own Client relationships and secure repeat work where possible, with support of the Group leadership.
- Prepare Technical, bid and additional fee proposals with support of the Group leadership.
We Are Looking For:
- Experience as a key contributor to civil engineering projects, including waterfront development projects;
- Expertise in at least one or more of the following areas; flood risk management, water resource management, coastal and maritime engineering, surface and foul water drainage, water utility networks.
- Track record of successful delivery within the industry.
- Mentoring and leadership experience, development of the skills of individuals in your team, whilst encouraging collaboration and cohesive teamwork.
- Overseas project experience and work in diverse sectors.
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Post-graduate degree or Masters qualified, ideally.
- Recently or near-Chartered with a UK professional institution, such as the ICE or CIWEM.
Send your application to Buro Happold and take the first step on a journey to fulfilling your potential.
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. Buro Happold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We recognise and are committed to change the lack of representation of minority groups in our industry, and particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic individuals, disabled people and women across all our offices. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.