Senior Structural Engineer - Mumbai
Engineer a sustainable future
Are you passionate about creating innovative, elegant and robust Senior structural engineering solutions for complex construction projects?
Do you want to develop yourself further in an exciting, international environment?
We're looking for an enthusiastic Senior Structural Engineer to join our growing team in Mumbai.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who wants to leave their mark on some of the most exciting projects in the India and further afield.
From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
Your responsibilities will be extremely varied, but can typically be expected to comprise...
- Structural design elements on projects as required; undertaking detailed engineering design of a wide variety of buildings in India and further afield.
- Working closely with technicians on CAD and REVIT drawings.
- Representing BuroHappold at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Ensuring appropriate service/design decisions are met.
- Keeping senior staff informed of important and relevant design decisions to make sure that the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
- Coordinating your work with other members of the project team.
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
In return we’d expect you to bring the following:
- Master Degree in structural engineering
- 8-10 years' of relevant experience, international experience is an advantage
- Experience with secondary steel is essential
- Good AutoCAD skills and other engineering software; Revit Structures is an advantage
- Good English skills;
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant domestic standards;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and proactive approach to problem solving
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
We can offer a stimulating and challenging environment, excellent scope for progression and the opportunity to work on a wide range of outstanding projects in India and further afield. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a wide network of engineers and specialists across the global practice to further enhance your skills and technical knowledge. We can offer you an interesting range of work and an excellent personal challenge as we support you to develop your career to new heights.
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions through collaboration.