Senior Structural Engineer - Mumbai
Are you passionate about innovative and sustainable design for buildings across a variety of sectors? Do you want to play a pivotal role on a global portfolio of projects? If you're an experienced structural engineer looking to take your next step, your next challenge has arrived with BuroHappold.
With recent deliveries such as the Grove Towers, Lodha World One Tower, Omkar 1973, and collaboration on international commissions like the Qatar Foundation Stadium, Battersea Power Station redevelopment, and Riyadh Metro Stations, our Mumbai office situates itself as a leading global design centre within BuroHappold, and truly emblematic of the economic and intellectual dynamism which continues to power India's success in a global context.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Engineer, your responsibilities will typically comprise:
- Leading structural design elements on projects as required; undertaking detailed engineering design of a wide variety of buildings.
- Working closely with and monitor performance of a technician.
- Representing BuroHappold at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Ensuring appropriate service/design decisions are met.
- Keeping senior staff informed of important and relevant design decisions to make sure that the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
- Coordinating your work with other members of the project team.
- Mentoring and assisting Graduates and less experienced Engineers.
More about you...
As an experienced Structural Engineer, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive building structures design experience.
- Experience as a lead structural engineer on projects.
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects.
- Skilled in the use of design and modelling software such as Robot, Etabs, Rhino etc
- Chartered Engineer (MIStructE / MICE) or close to obtaining chartership.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
... we can offer exceptional opportunities to:
- Deliver a global portfolio of projects in collaboration with teams in Europe, UK, US, Middle East and Asia;
- Use some of the most advanced BIM and structural analysis technology in the industry;
- Combine international and domestic project exposure in collaboration with world-leading architectural practices.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.