Senior Structural Engineer- Boston
BuroHappold’s structural engineering teams collaborate with leading architects on high profile building projects for a variety of client types. Projects include the recently completed 80,000 seat Mercedes Benz Stadium for the Atlanta Falcons NFL team, the new 33 story headquarter building for PNC Bank in Pittsburgh and the new 500,000 ft2 Science and Engineering Complex for Harvard University. These award-winning projects are typical of the engineering challenges solved and delivered at BuroHappold, by collaborative and creative multi‑disciplinary teams. Come join one of the top structural engineering teams in the US, working alongside innovative and award winning colleagues on high profile projects.
Our ideal candidate will be an outgoing, creative individual with superb communication skills. Your broad design knowledge, as well as your experience with REVIT, will serve you well in this role as you make your mark on our exciting range of projects. This role will typically take responsibility for the structural engineering design and delivery of projects, for technical mentorship of younger members of the design team and close collaboration with other disciplines within a multi-discipline environment.
Senior Engineers will represent BuroHappold internally and externally. As a key part of the Engineering team, your responsibilities will be varied but will broadly include:
What will I be doing?
- Preparation of detailed engineering designs, drawings, documents and specifications
- Checking the work/specifications of other Engineers
- Guiding less experienced team members in order to achieve the project success.
- Create 3D structural analysis models using commercial software, including RAM, SAP, ETABS, SAFE, etc
- Set up, manage and review job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure
- Undertake detailed engineering design for gravity and lateral systems of building structures
What Can I bring to the role?
As a Senior Structural Engineer, it is expected that you would be able to demonstrate:
- Typically 4 - 8 years' experience in structural building engineering experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US Building and Material Codes.
- Broad structural design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects.
- Experience with wide range of material, including the design of Steel, concrete and wood building structures.
- BS degree, MS preferred
- Confident, proactive character, able to take the lead in challenging situations
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Good experience with BIM tools such as REVIT
- Experience of using computation design methods, using Rhino, Grasshopper.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.