Senior Security Consultant
Buro Happold is looking for knowledgeable and enthusiastic Senior Physical Security Consultant to join our team of Security Consultants within our vibrant multi-disciplinary practice. This varied role will include the preparation and coordination of physical security design advice for the development of industry-leading projects, across a broad range of market sectors.
This role supports hybrid working, candidates will be required to work from our Riyadh based office.
What sort of projects could I work on?
The Security Consulting team is responsible for developing high-quality protective security designs for many large-scale projects based across the globe. Due to an increased demand for our services the team is seeking additional support to deliver high quality, high-value solutions to clients based in the UK and abroad.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of protective security concept and strategy designs on a range of challenging projects, examples across the Middle East primarily focussing on projects within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
You will be focused on protective security design and the role will also require knowledge and experience of operational security. You will work within our Security Consulting Group and collaborate with other disciplines including but not limited to Technology, Lighting, Smart Buildings, MEP as well as working directly with clients, end-users, and contractors.
What will I be doing?
Most of your role will involve strategic and operational issues; however, you will work alongside our security engineers who provide the technical input into the projects.
Naturally, the role will be highly varied but typical responsibilities are likely to include.
- Assessment of threats, vulnerabilities and risk and production of risk registers
- Development of security strategies to satisfy statutory and industry body requirements
- Prepare operational requirements
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- Inputting into and revising project delivery standards and processes as and when required
- Contributing ideas and ‘design flare’ to the overall brief
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Keeping abreast of emerging threats and trends
- Providing high-level advice to clients in relation to the appropriate security technologies currently available
- Researching and writing standards, policies, procedures, and work instructions for security operations
- Researching and writing protective security intelligence reports and assessments.
- Planning consulting assignments – schedules, costings, resource plans and bills of materials
- Supervising and mentoring graduate security consultants
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
Working as part of the Security Consulting Team the successful candidate will be performing tasks as directed by the Directors. These will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the Head of Security Consultancy and others in the production of proposals and bids
- Applying the Buro Happold review and governance process across projects
- Understanding the client security requirements
- Working collaborative to produce Security, Risk and Vulnerability Assessments
- Developing security strategies in line with the RIBA stages and Master planning process
- Conducting Security Needs Assessments to ensure local regulatory requirements in the Middle East (aligned with ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management Process) in amongst others.
- Applying the principles of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
- Assisting senior consultants to conduct Vehicle Dynamic Assessments as part of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation schemes
- Project coordination with the client and wider design teams
- Maintaining market knowledge of industry-leading technologies and physical security measures
- Project coordination with the client team.
- Maintain market knowledge of industry-leading technologies.
- Ongoing development of our design tools including Revit.
In addition to the designer’s role, you will be expected to support the team and practice’s operations by:
- Attending group and team meetings.
- Submitting weekly timesheets and monitoring project progress against milestone and financial targets.
- Sharing your knowledge and experiences with others through events and presentations.
- Updating the intranet, wikis and other sites with technical information.
- Managing travel arrangements
- Developing your personal skills and supporting others’ development.
- Attending trade exhibitions and training courses.
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
We understand that individuals come from a range of backgrounds and we are more concerned with the right fit for our team than meeting every single one of these experience areas. Demonstration of a range of the following skills and experience is preferable for the role:
- Gathering, processing, analysing and interpreting information from a wide variety of sources to advise our clients across protective security, operational security, incident management and business continuity projects.
- Ability to develop risk-based security solutions.
- Capacity to assess and advise clients on the benefits of a variety of strategic options
- Capability to develop operational requirement documentation for clients and designers.
- Aptitude to conduct discussions and negotiations with clients, manufacturers, and suppliers.
- Attention to detail and clear communication skills.
- Professional and positive attitude.
- Display a desire to explore new possibilities and unique solutions.
- Chartered or working towards chartership with a relevant institution - e.g. RSES, Security Institute, CSyP or similar
A place for everyone
Buro Happold values individual's flexible approaches to working patterns as an important part of the way you work and achieve balance. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Our exceptional portfolio of projects is the result of the diversity of thought, identities, backgrounds and experiences that shape us. Appreciating each other’s differences is key, we want employees to feel they don’t have to mask elements of their identity to thrive.
We are working to change the lack of representation of marginalised groups in the built environment and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact email@example.com so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.