Senior Power (Modelling) Engineer
BuroHappold is seeking an experienced Senior Power Engineer to take on a client side role within a programme management function, on a large zero carbon regional development in Saudi Arabia. The project will help deliver on the Kingdom’s 2030 goals, delivering low carbon industry and lifestyle in a new regional development zone. A key part of this ambition is to deliver an integrated smart grid approach, linking large scale renewable generation via both HVAC and HVDC transmission links to industry and mixed use developments. These in turn will benefit from integrated energy generation, storage, low emission vehicles and smart energy services.
Candidates will be considered where they can demonstrate:
- At least seven years’ experience in the energy or utilities sectors
- Strong technical skills including a track record of delivered projects
- Ability to manage working on multiple projects including project and programme management skills, ideally with experience of working as a consultant
- Strong understanding of power system design at EHV, HV and MV levels including transmission line, substations and associated equipment
- Highly conversant in energy modelling, including power flow, steady state and transient modelling utilising packages such as PSCAD, PSSE and ETAP
- Ability to lead feasibility work from objective setting, options development through to high level design and techno-economic modelling
- Experience of preparing briefing documentation including specification of front end engineering and design studies
- Experience in client side engineering appraisal of supply chain technical proposals
- Experience of preparing procurement documentation including technical specifications and developing technical questions and evaluation criteria for energy system procurement
- Understanding of the market and supply chain for energy infrastructure including power/smart grid, in the Middle East
- Experienced in working to and applying international standards, IEC, IEEE etc.
- Understanding of operations, maintenance and management processes for energy projects
- Ability to undertake technical and project risk assessments and mitigation approaches at project and programme level
- Strong client and stakeholder level presentation and communications skills
- Experience of working within interdisciplinary teams including on client side engagements.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.