Senior Mechanical Engineer - Warsaw
A unique opportunity has arisen in our Warsaw office for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead the design and delivery of mechanical (HVAC) services for the Uberseequartier project, a €600 million mixed-used development in Hamburg, Germany.
More about the role...
Working as part of our dynamic, diverse building services team, this role will see you technically and creatively challenged on one of Germany's most challenging mixed-use developments. Team work and a collaborative approach are key to any project at BuroHappold, so your strong communication skills and passion to succeed with others will serve you well.
What design work will I be doing?
- Detailed design drawings with a specialisation in HVAC.
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules and design development reports.
- Plan and manage CAD documentation of design work.
- Keep senior design team members informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the BuroHappold and the client are achieved.
Outside of design, what else will I do?
- Manage project finances, monitor scope, ensure quality and manage deliverables.
- Plan, organise and manage your workload to ensure that you are meeting clients expectations.
- Proactively raising concerns regarding workload and ability to meet deadlines.
- Attending client, site and external design team meetings in Germany and Poland.
More about you...
As an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer, it is expected that you can demonstrate the following...
- Demonstrated at least 6 years' design experience in an MEP consultancy.
- Experience as a MEP project leader.
- Ideally some experience with German design standards.
- Fluent in German, English and Polish.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering.
- AutoCAD, REVIT and similar software skills.
- Excel (a detailed understanding including the use of macros).
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
What's in it for you...
In return, we can offer fantastic opportunities to...
- Collaborate within a truly multidisciplinary environment, capitalising on BuroHappold’s extensive knowledge base in building physics, micro-climate analysis, computation fluid dynamics, climate change mitigation and energy master planning to inform truly environmentally responsive MEP designs;
- Take significant client-facing and leadership responsibilities on one of Germany's largest mixed use projects;
- Be part of a close-knit, friendly team in Warsaw with a buoyant social side and a supportive environment.
For a confidential and informal discussion about this role, please contact Thomas White in the BuroHappold Recruitment team - firstname.lastname@example.org
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.