Senior Geospatial 3D Web Mapping & Gaming Developer
Pioneer / Establish Innovative Solutions
Be part of something big at BuroHappold; from helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at BuroHappold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
From providing solutions to local infrastructure and utility needs, through to planning entire cities across the globe, be inspired when developing sustainable solutions to support growing populations with our cities team.
We are looking to strengthen our GIS team with a Geospatial 3D Web Mapping & Gaming Developer to support the development of geospatial data, and information modelling and management capabilities across the business, and externally as consulting services offer.
This Will Encompass:
- Being responsible for developing 3D web mapping solutions, using standard 3D web mapping platforms e.g. Cesium 3D and gaming engines including Unreal and Unity, to visualise and communicate geospatial datasets to a wide variety of users.
- Identify and apply new technologies, including developing 3D virtual cities and digital twins, new GIS data products and data science and insights services.
- Taking the initiative on the development of virtual cities with integrated data analytics with underlying spatial data to develop our new Digital Twin services offer.
- Developing solutions to integrate geospatial datasets into gaming engines to demonstrate the capabilities of GIS solutions to clients using both open source and proprietary software packages.
- Assisting in broadening Buro Happold geospatial data and information modelling capabilities through regular consultations with BIM and Computational Engineering disciplines.
- Additional project work may be required.
We Are Looking For:
- Proficient technical experience in the following:
- 3D global spatial data and information modelling and management especially 3D cities, digital twins, VR and AR solutions development.
- Gaming engine solutions platforms such as Unreal Engine, Unity, Blender etc
- Semantic 3D modelling capabilities and methodologies using 3D datasets such as LIDAR, Point Clouds, and 3D models and objects etc
- Data visualisation technology dashboards such as D3.js, Cesium 3D, Deck.gl or equivalent platforms
- Programming languages such as Python, C#, C++ to develop robust web services and APIs (SOAP, REST, GeoJSON, JSON and XML) for data streaming services from a database environment to gaming platforms and interfaces with other software platforms.
- Spatial databases such as PostgreSQL/PostGIS, MS SQL Spatial.
- Experience in spatial data processing and spatial data management processes with strong emphasis on developing SQL scripts.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the development and application of geospatial data science concepts and ability to apply them especially computational geometry and computer graphics applications, in line with geospatial data standards, methods and procedures such as Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). applications.
- A relevant technical degree in GIS/Computer Science or a related Data Science course, 3D Web Development.
Our Cities GIS Team is responsible for the implementation of data management policies, standards, methods and procedures to streamline the use of GIS across the Cities business.
Working with various engineers and project teams in the business, they identify GIS related challenges and opportunities and provide input to resolve the challenges, offering the chance to be at the cutting edge of creativity in the built environment; on a local, national and global scale.
Send your application to Buro Happold and take the first step on a journey to fulfilling your potential.
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions through collaboration.