Senior Facades Engineer- Chicago
We’re looking for a Facade Team Leader to lead our dynamic and diverse Chicago facades team. This role offers an outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic leader to leave their mark on game-changing projects in New York and beyond.
Buro Happold is a world class multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, renowned for cutting edge design solutions which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our fully integrated approach combines structural, HVAC, electrical and plumbing and fire protection engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of infrastructure design and environmental best practice.
What will I be doing?
You will achieve exceptional leadership of the group through dynamic and determined commitment to technical excellence and commercial performance.Your responsibilities will naturally be varied, but typically can be expected to comprise...
- Leadership of the facade engineering team in Chicago.
- Overseeing and mentoring all levels of staff so that meaningful delegation can apply within the team.
- Ensure latest learning and development initiatives are implemented as required within the team.
- Support the management of reward and recognition of the team.
- Attract new business. Create and maintain productive client relationships in both domestic and international markets – specifically in culture and higher education sectors to align with broader portfolio delivered by Chicago office.
- Promote and work closely with other disciplines within the firm to conceptualize and deliver holistic design ideas.
- Ensuring ‘design rigor’ is delivered on each project, and in particular ensuring design QA processes are fully planned and implemented.
What can I bring to the role?
You will be a passionate creative, dedicated to ensuring designs are sustainable, environmentally-friendly and energy efficient. It is likely you will be able to demonstrate the following...
- Demonstrated experience of delivering innovative and creative Façade Engineering solutions within a dynamic organization, with a strong focus on high-performance building envelopes.
- Strong external client relationships / demonstrated history of work winning as part of a consulting firm
- Holistic view on Façades systems with demonstrated experience with interdisciplinary design (energy performance and speciality structures)
- Experienced technical and commercial leader; track record of exceptional delivery over a sustained period within facade design (typically 10-15 years).
- Experience in the culture, higher education and transportation sectors.
In return, we can offer a fantastic opportunity to...
Lead a talented facades team to deliver some of the most technically complex building envelope solutions on a diverse portfolio of projects domestically and abroad.
Collaborate across a global, inter-disciplinary design community, interfacing closely with other facade teams, sustainability and microclimate specialists, structural engineers, MEP designers, computational engineers et al. to inform inspiring and environmentally responsive facade designs.
Play an integral role in spearheading the US region's business development activity in the education, culture and transportation sectors.
If you are excited about driving our facades offering to market and ensuring our group continues to deliver creative, innovative and robust solutions to our clients, we can offer you an unrivalled career opportunity in the city that never sleeps.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please get in contact with Carmen Williamson in the BuroHappold Recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.