Senior Electrical Engineer - Los Angeles
BuroHappold Engineering is an international, integrated engineering consultancy operating in 23 locations worldwide, with over 50 partners and 1,800 staff including some of the world's leading consulting engineers. For 40 years we’ve been building our reputation for delivering creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world.
Are you a talented, innovative Senior Electrical Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Working alongside innovative and award winning colleagues on high profile projects in California such as the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures and UCLA Engineering VI, you will have the opportunity to leave your own unique mark on our incredible project portfolio.
The purpose of this role is to provide a high level design engineering service to the Group acting as a proactive Project Leader on projects, as required.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will work closely with clients, architects and other Buro Happold Engineers and/or design team members as part of a dedicated and skilled team. Duties include the production of coordinated detailed design drawings, electronic models, specifications, written reports, site observation reports, schedules etc. on a variety of projects within the electrical discipline, as well as the coordination with utility companies and obtaining the necessary electrical permit approvals from Plan Check.
What will I be doing?
- Act as Job Leader.
- Organize technical and financial proposals for new work.
- Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers and Technicians (including verification of quality).
- Take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design.
- Prepare Technical Specifications.
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
- Continually ensure practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that BH policy is in keeping with current legislation and the relevant building codes for the relevant state etc.
- Responsible for planning, organising and managing personal workload in order to meet deadlines in line with client commitments.
- Maintain an overview of the project team’s workload and commitments in order to successfully meet deadlines and balance resource utilisation.
- Actively contribute towards delivering profitable projects in the context of project finances.
- Monitor financial performance of jobs, with the setting up and managing of job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
What can I bring to the role?
- Typically over 7 years’ experience of electrical engineering design in the building services and construction industry.
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently.
- Registered Professional Engineer or Chartered membership of a professional institution.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the California Electrical Code and Title 24.
- Broad electrical design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects.
- AutoCAD, REVIT and lighting design software, such as AGI or DIALux.
- Excel (a detailed understanding including the use of macros).
- LEED AP accredited preferred.
- Relevant first and typically further degree qualification.
- REVIT experience desired
- Familiarity using computational analysis tools such as electrical fault analysis, California Title 24 calculation software and lighting design software.
- Ideally, the candidate will also have considerable experience working on international projects, as well as domestic projects.
- Experience with wide range of projects, including the design of the following systems: Power Distribution, Emergency Lighting, Generators, Fire Alarm Systems, Utility Coordination, etc.
- Experience dealing with Plan Check and obtaining electrical design approvals.
- Understanding of ICT and lighting design specifications
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role.