Senior Electrical Engineer - Bath
This role is suited to a candidate from a Buildings background looking for an opportunity to pursue industry leading designs within a vibrant multi-disciplinary practice.
We proudly support hybrid working however candidates will be expected to travel to our Bath office 2-3 days a week.
Images: Iwan Baan and Richard Stonehouse.
What sort of projects could I work on?
The role could see you working as a mechanical designer in a large project team, or being a project engineer on smaller schemes. You will be working on some of the most technically challenging projects in our portfolio - recent examples include The Refurbishment of the Fry Building, Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club , Olaya Metro Station and Woolwich Arsenal Cultural District.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
The role of a Senior Electrical Engineer can be very varied, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertake detailed electrical engineering building services design and calculations, using Revit and Amtech software to support your knowledge of exemplar building design and performance, as well as an appreciation of a designs embodied carbon.
- Embrace technologies to improve performance and sustainability to meet to net zero targets by 2030.
- Ensure projects are carried out to an excellent standard, within agreed deadlines and budget.
- Represent Buro Happold at meetings with clients, other professionals, and suppliers.
- Produce and review reports, presentations, models, and drawings to an excellent standard, high level of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions.
- Plan and manage input to Revit for production of design work.
- Actively engage with colleagues across disciplines, in group discussions and at events and seminars.
- Mentor more junior team members, potentially leading to an early line management role.
- Autonomously represents Buro Happold to clients, architects and collaborators.
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
As an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant building services experience or credentials that will help us meet our goals for delivering highly sustainable buildings.
- Experience as a Lead Electrical Engineer on projects.
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects and using British, US and European codes of practice.
- Experience using common analysis software including Revit, Amtech and IES and willing to quickly learn to use new analysis packages as required.
- Digital engineering skills (e.g. coding) would be advantageous.
- Working towards, or a Chartered Member of IET, CIBSE or equivalent body.
- A Bachelor’s degree BEng/BSc or Master’s degree MEng/MSc in a relevant discipline.
Why Buro Happold?
From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
What we offer:
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum, exclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Income Protection.
- Flexible Benefits - including Cycle scheme, Dental insurance, Optical Cover, Travel insurance and Corporate discounts.
- Buro Happold actively encourages its employees to finish at 3pm on the last Friday of each month (depending on business demands). These hours can equate to an additional 4 days leave per annum.
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions through collaboration.