Senior Bridge Engineer
We are looking for a talented and experienced Bridge Engineer to join us in our US Region. We are looking for this individual to join our hybrid team in either Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, or San Francisco.
As a Senior Bridge Engineer you will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge of pedestrian bridge design across a portfolio of ground-breaking projects in the US and globally. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential to life at Buro Happold and in turn, we can offer you unrivalled career, project, and development opportunities.
What would you be doing?
- Work closely with clients, architects and other Buro Happold Engineers and/or design team members as part of a dedicated and skilled team
- Provide detailed engineering designs, drawings, documents, specifications, and act as job leader on projects as required
- Prepare technical and financial proposals for new work. Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- Continually ensure that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that Buro Happold policy is in keeping with current legislation
- Work competently on an independent basis
- Mentor and assist junior engineers
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years’ experience of innovative bridge engineering design (pedestrian bridge experience preferred)
- Relevant bachelor or master’s degree
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) desirable
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US Building and Material Codes
- Good working experience with BIM tools such as REVIT
- Proactive ability to take the initiative, learn, and be creative in a team environment
- Experience using computation design methods, using Rhino, Grasshopper is a bonus but a willingness to learn will serve you well as we offer plenty of opportunity to progress with these tools.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively manage time, and maintain ongoing project focus
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- At Buro Happold, you’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, contributing to unique and innovative projects that inspire awe, transform communities and help to combat climate change
- Our strength is in our diversity, and you’ll join a team that thrives on openness, respect and collaboration. Your expertise will be recognized, your opinion valued, and your passions supported. You will be challenged, and you’ll also be enabled to deliver your best, boldest and most creative work
- Advance your career within a forward-thinking, global community of engineering professionals
What we offer:
- Salary range of $85,700 to $110,000. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4 weeks) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum, Diversity and Inclusion Forum, BH Women's Network, and/or our Black at BH ERG
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
A place for everyone
Buro Happold values individual's flexible approaches to working patterns as an important part of the way you work and achieve balance. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Our exceptional portfolio of projects is the result of the diversity of thought, identities, backgrounds and experiences that shape us. Appreciating each other’s differences is key, we want employees to feel they don’t have to mask elements of their identity to thrive.
We are working to change the lack of representation of marginalised groups in the built environment and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact email@example.com so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.