Senior / Associate Structural Engineer - Leeds
Iconic projects and exceptional architectural partnerships combine to create a unique opportunity for a Senior or Associate Structural Engineer in the Leeds Structural Engineering team.
About the role...
As a key part of the Engineering team, your responsibilities will be varied but will broadly include:
- Preparation of Technical Specifications and checking the work/specifications of other Engineers in the team
- Leadership of projects on behalf of the group, taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships.
- Reviewing job financial performance and managing resources accordingly.
- Guiding less experienced team members in order to achieve the project success.
- Supporting delivery of the team’s Performance and Development Review process.
- Providing support in seeking new work from existing clients.
- Preparing bid proposals and additional fee proposals (with the support of the Group Directors, Associate Directors and Bid team colleagues)
As an experienced and established Structural Engineer it is expected that you would be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience as a structural engineer on buildings projects;
- Demonstrable evidence of job leadership experience on large scale projects, ideally within multiple sectors although BuroHappold's varied portfolio will further extend your breadth of experience;
- Mentoring and leadership experience of other Engineering professionals, desire and ability to support in developing individuals skills, whilst encouraging collaboration and cohesive teamwork;
- Solid Educational foundation - ideally a degree and post-graduate qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline as well as professional registration such as the ICE or IStructE.
In return, we can offer exceptional opportunities to:
- Play a significant role on some of the most iconic and architecturally inspiring projects in the region;
- Collaborate within a global, interdisciplinary community of engineering specialists in Building Services, Sustainability, CFD, Acoustics, Computational design, Fire strategy, infrastructure, and many more;
- Take ownership of external relationships with architects, clients, and contractors.
For an informal discussion about the role, please get in contact with Thomas White in the recruitment team (email@example.com)
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.