Revit MEP Technician - Manchester
A steadily growing pipeline of interesting projects has created the opportunity for a Revit MEP Technician to join our close-kit Building Services team in Manchester. You will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of BIM technology within the industry, utilising advanced computational design software such as Dynamo to push the boundaries of 3D modelling technology.
What will you be doing...
Input to the projects is likely to be varied but will include the requirement to:
- Produce detailed, coordinated service models to a high level of detail
- Work closely with the Senior technician and MEP team to deliver high quality BIM projects to agreed deadlines
- Provide guidance and advice to design Engineers on the planning and management of advanced Revit techniques
- Quality control of BIM models and associated drawings, schedules etc
- Review project BIM BEP’s and EIR’s and ensure requirements implemented in design process
- Liaise with members of the design team to assist with resolving coordination issues
- Assisting in the development of the BIM capability and the appropriate use of emerging modelling technology (e.g. Dynamo) of the building services team.
- Assist in the development of systems and procedures to ensure that the BIM system is used effectively
- Develop sketches and concepts into drawing details with a good understanding of the engineering practices behind them
More about you...
As a capable Technician, we would expect you to be able to demonstrate:
- Working knowledge of Revit MEP and ideally AutoCAD
- A proactive approach to your own learning and technical development
- A keen interesting in the implementation of digital design tools and scripting to improve efficiency and workflows
- An understanding of industry wide BIM standards (CIC, PAS 192 etc)
- Be capable of working independently or with minimal supervision
- Experience and awareness of the following software/addins: Revit, Autocad, Navisworks
- Ideally HNC, HND, or BEng in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
We can offer a stimulating and challenging environment, excellent scope for progression and the opportunity to work on a wide range of outstanding projects in the UK and further afield. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a wide network of BIM specialists within the office and UK practice as a whole to further enhance your skills and technical knowledge. We can offer you an interesting range of work and an excellent personal challenge as we support you to develop your career to new heights.
Having won the CIBSE Building performance consultancy of the year (over 1000 employees) in both 2018 and 2019, as well as four separate accolades in the CIBSE Digital Design Awards, there has never been a better time to join BuroHappold.
For a confidential and informal discussion please get in contact with Thomas White in the BuroHappold recruitment team (email@example.com)
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.