Master Planner- Riyadh
We are now seeking to strengthen our team in Riyadh who are tasked with overseeing the delivery of one such project which involves the planning, design, construction and operations of a new technology driven development in Saudi Arabia over 20 years.
BuroHappold is engaged in some of the world’s most complex projects with the very best of clients who have an ambition to positively influence and change the world we live in. Our projects, programmes and portfolios vary in size, complexity and function and stretch from single buildings to infrastructure networks all the way to mega projects or entire city developments. What all of them have in common is the underlying ambition to always thrive towards pushing the boundaries of what constitutes best practice in project design and management.
We are now seeking to strengthen our team in Riyadh who are tasked with overseeing the delivery of one such project which involves the planning, design, construction and operations of a new technology driven development in Saudi Arabia over 20 years. The development will be a key economic driver of the region and the country as a whole, and is a key part of Vision 2030 and National Transformation Plan.
What will I be doing?
- Conduct field investigations, surveys, impact studies or other research in order to compile and analyse data on economic, social, regulatory and physical factors affecting land use.
- Develop plans and programs for the use of land for communities and development projects while taking into account design guidelines, environmental considerations, land use and legal issues.
- Meet with decision makers and the public to determine needs and limitations; gather and analyse census data, environmental studies and economic reports; and review site plans created by developers and architects.
- Make recommendations for urban development plans, roads, schools and other infrastructure in order to help decision makers solve social, economic and environmental problems.
- Advise planning officials and design team on project feasibility, cost-effectiveness, regulatory conformance, and possible alternatives.
- Create, prepare, and present graphic and narrative reports on land use data, including land area maps overlaid with geographic variables such as population density.
- Coordinate work with various stakeholders and consultants during the formulation of plans and the design of large urban plans, land use and infrastructure plans.
What will I bring to the role?
- BS degree (preferred Master Degree) in planning or a closely related field and at least fifteen (15) years of experience in the planning profession.
Work within a forward-thinking, global community of engineering professionals, capitalising on BuroHappold’s extensive knowledge base.
For more information on BuroHappold's plan to address socio-economic and spatial development of Riyadh please visit our website: https://www.burohappold.com/projects/future-riyadh/
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.