Learning & Development Manager - LA
BuroHappold Engineering is an international, integrated engineering consultancy operating in 23 locations worldwide, with over 50 partners and 1,800 staff including some of the world's leading consulting engineers. For 40 years we’ve been building our reputation for delivering creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world.
BuroHappold Engineering delivers some of the globe's most complex and challenging built environment projects, with recent examples including the Beijing Daxing Airport, City of Dreams Hotel in Macau, and Sabah Al-Ahmad Sea City in Kuwait. These immense technical challenges require talented, high performing people behind them, people who can combine unbridled intellectual creativity with commercial and consultative dexterity. In this context, our Learning & Development team play a critical role in facilitating and empowering our people to realise both their own career ambitions and those of our clients.
We are currently recruiting for an L&D Manager based in our Los Angeles office. Taking on a portfolio of exciting initiatives, you will be part of a global team, delivering BuroHappold’s strategic Learning & Development and organisational development priorities.
About the role…
Reporting to the Global Head of Learning & Development, you will collaborate with the L&D team as well as external consultants to co-create and deliver inspiring learning solutions. Your key accountabilities are broken down as follows:
What will I be doing?
- Lead the roll out and planning of the Global development framework with business leads and teams; identifying and assessing skills gaps aligned to business priorities
- Support the design and implementation of the continuing professional development and registration process for technical-related roles with a focus on the US.
- Collaborate with the L&D team and business leads in leading on strategic business and commercial programmes including, project leadership, management & leadership, early careers and consulting.
- Research and develop online and digital learning solutions that can be scaled regionally and globally.
- Develop and deliver bespoke learning interventions (including train the trainer, mentoring, group coaching, learn & share interactive workshops) to help support teams in the delivery of their projects in line with the strategy
- Encourage a learning culture at all levels through knowledge share, engagement and empowerment.
- Maintaining subject matter expertise, and up to date knowledge of market trends and development in the L&D profession, especially in the field of digital learning
- Collaborating closely with Regional HR Heads to ensure alignment of HR and L&D initiatives and the sharing of feedback and information
What can I bring to the role?
As a versatile Learning & Development professional, you will be adept at providing high quality consultancy services to internal clients, and experienced in utilizing sophisticated consultancy skills in a global context. You will further be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 7 years of proven experience in a senior L&D business partnering or equivalent role;
- Comfortable working with technical employees, ideally in the engineering sector;
- Highly developed consultancy skills with ability to operate at all levels of the organisation
- Able to evidence the development and rollout of programs and learning to meet a range of demands across a global business
- Understanding of non-traditional approaches to learning and knowledge management – including the latest thinking in digital learning methodologies
- Ability to develop bespoke solutions in response to the changing needs of the business and the needs of high performing teams
- Knowledge in global engineering accreditation frameworks and engineering institutions
- Culturally aware, capable of operating across geographical boundaries
Mobile - to travel locally and globally when required
Why join BuroHappold?
As an organization we strive for progress and are committed to finding new and better ways to deliver elegant solutions. We recognize that this can only happen if our people can keep up with, create and implement the latest developments in technology and ideas. We offer learning and development opportunities at every level, to help shape exciting and personally satisfying careers and ensure our engineers stay at the cutting edge of industry thought.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.