HR Business Partner - New York
An exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our regional team.
The role of the HR Business Partner (HRBP) is to support and drive the alignment of human resource priorities with BuroHappold’s business strategy and culture by delivering comprehensive and fully integrated, sustainable human resources programs. This role will work closely with the leadership and staff to help educate, advise and influence client groups on issues involving but not limited to employee relations and retention, engagement, performance management, coaching, compensation planning, benefits, immigration, mobility, organizational development, professional development, and change management. As a consultant to the business, the HRBP actively works with business leaders and staff to anticipate and assess HR related needs. This role helps create and implement strategies to address challenges that will significantly advance business and groups’ organizational health while ensuring the elevation and preservation of BH’s values and culture.
BuroHappold, an integrated engineering design consultancy, strives for progress and are committed to finding new and better ways to deliver elegant solutions. We recognise that this can only happen if our people can keep up with, create and implement the latest developments in technology and ideas. Our global HR team focuses on recruiting, retaining and developing talent around the world, empowering our people to unlock their full potential and deliver creative, innovative solutions to our clients.
What will you be doing?
- Provide coaching and consulting to managers and employees in the areas of performance management, performance counseling, compensation, employee retention, employee development, positive employee relations practices, policy interpretation and implementation, and conflict resolution
- Developing relationships with and working alongside managers and other key stakeholders to ensure the alignment of HR strategies with business strategies
- Responsible for benefits management, administration, communication, compliance and reporting for all health and benefit plans. Implements approved, new, or modified plans and employee benefit policies, and oversee administration of existing plans. Evaluates, compares, and recommends changes to existing plans to maintain company’s competitiveness. Manages employee relation issues, questions & concerns relative to our benefits plan, policies, practices and procedures.
- Support and/or drive programs that integrate diversity into compensation practices, performance review process, learning and development and various management issues.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to ensure recruitment strategies are aligned with business need; evaluates recruitment effectiveness and help drive recommendations in change of recruitment focus or strategy if necessary.
- Handles the immigration process and associated assignment regulations/task for all international moves into the US Region working in close liaison with the firm’s Immigration Attorneys.
- Facilitate the mobility of high potential employees throughout the organization by working with both the management team and internal HR stakeholders.
- Evaluate HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state and federal law; stay up-to-date with current employment & wage and hour laws.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree; 8-10 years of experience minimum; Relevant HR certification preferred
- Demonstrated capability in translating business needs to support leadership and drive implementation of people programs
- Ability and proven experience in communicating, influencing, and partnering with clients and providing solutions
- Experience in effectively coaching and guiding employees at all levels
- Collaborative and effective contributor to the regional HR team
- Demonstrated ability in building rapport, trust, and strong relationships across the organization that result in being viewed as a trusted advisor
- Ability to handle ambiguity and prioritize within a changing environment
- Capacity to solve complex problems with a fresh perspective
- Substantial experience with employee relations, performance management and organizational change management
- Experience effectively leading projects
- Able to deliver solutions and timely results
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Multi-site experience and willingness to travel, as you will be working in a cross-regional, international company
BuroHappold’s renowned worldwide reputation is built on the quality of our people and reaching their full potential – a task that falls to our outstanding HR team. In joining, we can offer the opportunity to develop your skills within our supportive and creative global team. Working autonomously, this role will allow you to take responsibility for outstanding HR practice, to bring creative solutions to fruition and to further hone your relationship management skills.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.