Head of Human Resources - Europe
BuroHappold are recruiting for an experienced Human Resources Professional to lead and manage the Europe based HR consulting team. This role will be provide overall operational HR expertise and support across the Business’ European region, comprising of staff and operations is Germany, Poland and Denmark.
This position will lead and manage the Europe based team of HR Consultants, providing overall operational HR expertise and support across the Business’ European region, comprising currently of staff and operations in Germany, Poland and Denmark.
- Foster an environment of excellence, authenticity and fun, put the people first and champion the BuroHappold culture, promoting its vision, values and goals
- Advise regional leadership team on regional HR strategy and actively implement such in alignment with global HR strategy
- Drive all regional employees’ learning and development to align with the regional and global business targets and strategy
- Develop and help execute a regional recruitment plan in alignment with the regional and global business targets and strategy
- Drive a cohesive and sustainable employment brand in cooperation with the marketing team To make BuroHappold an Employer of Choice
- Build and support regional and local BH standards to ensure best practice in all HR functions
- Lead and develop Europe HR team and its members to deliver excellent operational HR support for the region
- Ensure HR business compliance of the Europe region with local legislation and corporate guidelines
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Relevant degree at Bachelors or higher level
- Ideally 5 years’ experience within a generalist HR role
- Proven experience in applying regional employment-, tax- and security-related legislation
- Very people oriented, approachable, at the same time highly sensitive for the business and its strategy
- Experience of providing a day-to-day operational HR services next to first experiences in strategy building, formulation and implementation.
- Ideally 8 – 10 years’ or more experience within a generalist HR role
- Experience of working within the engineering sector or professional services
- Previous experience of working in an international environment, preferably US or UK, also Poland and Denmark
- Relevant HR professional certification preferred
- Availability to travel regularly within Europe.
Strategy, Operations, Consulting, Recruiting, People Development, Compliance and Controlling
- To support the business strategies and plans within appropriate global HR framework, policies and procedures in line with local employment, tax and social security regulations
- Providing guidance and direction in HR matters to assist the staff in driving a high performance culture
- Developing relationships with, and working alongside, managers and other key stakeholders to ensure the alignment of the HR strategies with the business strategies
- Ensuring that all European partner and employee benefits are well managed to maximise benefits and minimise risk to the business
- Owning the Europe HR data and ensuring the data, metrics and analysis are of highest order and provided within the required time-frames
- Ensuring that the recruitment and selection process in the region attract and retain high calibre talent in line with the business strategies and succession planning
- Utilising the Global HR frameworks for talent management, learning & development, succession planning, global mobility, employee engagement, retention, remuneration and reward
- Leading the European HR Team in the development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures in line with the overall business strategy, legislation and Global HR Strategies
- Capability mapping of existing and future staff, working alongside managers to ensure the optimal departmental structure and reporting relationships are in place to deliver business objectives
- Providing support, guidance and coaching to the Regional MD, Partners and managers in the strategic, people management and communications of the performance management process, organising relevant training where appropriate and implementing the necessary development plans
- Ensuring that the HR teams provide quality and timely advice to the managers and staff on ER issues, local employment legislation and ‘Best Practice’ as required
- Working with regional management teams to review resourcing plans and define short and medium term resourcing strategies in collaboration with the Head of Global Resourcing, Reward and HR Operations
- Proactively developing and engaging into a growing environment concept, providing the necessary support and encouraging a friendly, goal-oriented working culture.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Retention and Employee Engagement
- Employee Relations and Performance Management
- Employee Development and Succession Planning
- People Measures and Reporting
- Communication and Change Management
- Finance and budget management
- Organisation Design - European strategic overview of the Regional OD
- Such other duties and responsibilities as defined and required by the Global HR Director or BuroHappold Executive.
- Takes responsibility and accountability for all areas of the HR portfolio
- A track record and reputation for being an excellent communicator – proficient in German and English language, Polish language skills desirable but not essential
- Creates a great work environment with a passion for business
- Coaches, encourages and supports colleagues and their development
- Manages relationships to create a successful team
- Networks and cooperates with other Groups in BuroHappold
- Identifies people's needs and develops strategical steps accordingly.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.