Graduate Urban Planner
We are looking for curious and motivated KSA National ONLY Graduate Planners that have a passion for the built environment, and are eager to learn what shapes them. We have a number of openings for in our Riyadh based Planning Team to complement the Middle East Planning team. The successful candidate will have a desire in helping make the cities of the middle east better places for its people and the environment by supporting the planning team in developing concepts and strategies to achieve those aims.
Strong analytical and graphic skills will be paired with an inquisitive outlook on the themes of strategic planning, development or master planning. The successful candidate will have good understanding of pertinent built environment issues, skills visual communication and delivery interest in a consultancy environment.
This role is for KSA National only and forms part of our strategy to enable our Saudisation Strategy.
What will I be doing
- Supporting the continued growth of the planning team in the middle east
- Working with other consulting disciplines, such as sustainability and economics
- Delivery of analytical and graphic tasks, as well as critical design and planning thinking
- An appreciation of built environment issues and a basic understanding of the interplay of planning with transport, infrastructure, environment, sustainability, resilience etc.
- Supporting delivery of work winning proposals and preparing bid submissions
- Support and proactively engage in promoting and communicating current and future offerings of the planning team
- Balancing demands and priorities, whilst ensuring supporting the planning team with overall workload
- Collaborating and engaging with peers and senior members of the team, in the middle east and the wider Buro Happold network of offices
What will I need to be successful
Degree qualification in a discipline relevant to the built environment in planning, design or engineering
- A track record of delivering analytical and graphic work for core disciplines (planning, urban design, sustainability, economics)
- A general appreciation of the GCC market and the cities within
- Communication and presentation skills engaging with the team
- A willingness to travel
- A desire to grow and continuously improve the quality in our work
- IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Mastery of the Adobe suite package of design tools is an added benefit
- Mastery of CAD or GIS packages is and added benefit
- Arabic language skill a desired benefit
A place for everyone
Buro Happold values individual's flexible approaches to working patterns as an important part of the way you work and achieve balance. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Our exceptional portfolio of projects is the result of the diversity of thought, identities, backgrounds and experiences that shape us. Appreciating each other’s differences is key, we want employees to feel they don’t have to mask elements of their identity to thrive.
We are working to change the lack of representation of marginalised groups in the built environment and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact email@example.com so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.