Graduate Inclusive Design Consultant - 2019 Intake
Buro Happold’s Inclusive Design team is one of the leading access consultancies in the UK. We work nationally and internationally applying the principles of inclusive design in a range of building and urban development projects, from masterplanning, offices, hotels and sports stadia to retail malls and transport interchanges.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, we take into account all potential cultural and community users to provide an inclusive environment suitable for a diversity of user groups.
Our burgeoning portfolio presents an outstanding opportunity for a design-focused individual to join us to further develop their career in Access Consultancy, helping to shape how people interact with the built environment.
Joining our team as a Graduate Consultant, you will be working closely with our experienced team of Access professionals working both on a project design basis but also advisory, helping to shape policy. The role will be busy and varied but will typically include:
- Undertaking detailed inclusive design reviews of projects in the form of plan checking, site visits and report writing
- Providing support for senior consultants on projects
- Alongside senior staff, attending meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers
- Assist in ensuring that all decisions represent BuroHappold’s approach to inclusive design and best practice standards where feasible
- Undertaking work across several varying projects at the same time as required
- Working to ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and that appropriate service/design decisions are met
This role presents the ideal opportunity for a design-focused individual with an interest in how people interact with the built environment to carve their career in an interesting sector. Working with leading professionals, you will receive exceptional support and development opportunities.
We would anticipate that you will be able to demonstrate:
- An interest and some experience in Inclusive Design and how people interact with the built environment.
- Emerging capability in the relevant BuroHappold Core Competencies (i.e. technical, communication & collaboration skills)
- Commitment to CPD and self learning/development
- A proactive attitude and an interest in problem solving
It would be highly advantageous if you also show:
- Experience of advising on inclusive design policy
- Related qualifications (HNC/HND/Degree) or related design experience
- Experience of working on a variety of built environment projects
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.