Electrical Engineer- Boston
This fantastic opportunity would suit an ambitious Electrical Building Services Engineer.
More about the role...
As an Electrical Engineer, you will apply your extensive technical knowledge of building services systems with an emphasis on design life, energy consumption, plant operation and control, flexibility, sustainability and the maintainability of assets. In collaboration with other team members, this will contribute to the overall provision of strategic property advice for both individual buildings and complete premises portfolios, across the cultural, entertainment, financial, utilities, technology and education sectors.
Naturally, this is a highly diverse role, however typical responsibilities can be expected to comprise...
- Providing electrical design expertise to clients in a wide variety of contexts;
- Meeting clients, other professionals and contractors;
- Supporting business development activity for the asset consultancy discipline and wider practice where appropriate;
- Developing strategic, technically based reports and plans to present directly to clients and end-users;
- Taking ownership for client relationships with end-users, developers, contractors, etc.
- Preparation of condition surveys, forward maintenance plans, dilapidation schedules, defect analyses, system diagnostics reports, schedules of condition and the monitoring of the subsequent works processes;
- Provide business, technical, maintenance, operational and energy audits and, or studies based upon conventional and alternative energy sources for individual or groups of buildings;
- Demonstrate awareness of sustainable construction, operations and maintenance;
- Preparation of Employer’s Requirements and Developer’s Specifications for new buildings, building refurbishment, renovation, remodelling, engineering services and allied systems and the monitoring of project works;
- Organising resources and ensuring that services and projects are carried out to an agreed programme and within budget;
- Contribute to BH-wide initiatives with respect to technical development / market sectors and processes.
More about you...
This role would suit an experienced building services engineer with strong client-facing skills. Typical candidates can be expected to demonstrate...
- Minimum 3-5 years of Electrical Engineer experience.
- Experience in building services consultancy, with an electrical bias.
- Excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems; ability to investigate, identify and provide solutions to technical problems;
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills (verbal and written), with experience presenting (you will often be required to present solutions directly to 'c-suite' level stakeholders)
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports for delivery direct to a client audience
- Ability to problem solve and propose multiple solutions to Clients and objectively summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Bachelors degree (BEng) / BSc or Masters degree (MEng) / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for chartership.
- Mobility to travel at short notice.
What's in it for you...
In return, we can offer fantastic opportunities too...
- Cultivate and take ownership your own client relationships, dealing directly with high profile stakeholders including company CEO's, heads of property, et al.
- Advance your technical capability and consultancy skills by utilising the extensive knowledge base available within BuroHappold's truly multidisciplinary environment, encompassing MEP, Structures, Facades, Sustainability/Physics, Lighting et al.
- Be part of a close-knit, friendly team with a buoyant social side and a supportive environment.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.