Document Controller (m/f/x) - Berlin
Are you a coordination talent with an attention for detail and affinity for Engineering?
Then this might be the perfect job for you!
The Document Controller will work alongside technicians and engineers and report to a design manager (DM) in a multi-discipline project design team. He or she is responsible for coordinating the distribution of documents within the team and to outside parties, together with the maintenance of internal filing / retrieval systems and the uploading and downloading of documentation to dedicated project websites.
About the job:
- Acting as a focal point to ensure the project team has all current documents, information and drawings from others in the design team
- Ensure project team adheres to document protocols which ensures successful delivery to the client according to project operational manuals and pre-defined workflows
- Pre-archiving and archiving of project documents
- Monthly check-ups of current status of data
- Ensure issue sheet/ document register is in place and correct
- Coordinating meeting schedules with the project team
- Develop/ agree a document numbering system (BEP) and other relevant protocols, i.e. distribution lists; Coding documents as per client outline/ data sharing platform requirements
- Compiling, printing and binding multi-discipline project reports and other documents
- Manual and electronic issue and filing of emails, drawings and other documents, including maintaining drawing registers and electronic drawing files
- Converting incoming and outgoing drawing files to commonly usable file formats as required
- Monitoring project extranet websites, uploading and downloading drawings and reports and distributing to the team
- Collation of financial data and assisting in the preparation of reports and updating records
- General project administrative support
- Maintaining document records in line with the BuroHappold Quality Management System (QMS)
- Monitoring tasks against agreed deadlines
- Min. 2 years of project work experience in the built environment; general experience in data management, document control and administrative project support also considered
- Academic degree in Architecture, Engineering or similar qualification
- Fluent in German and English
- Good communication skills
- Takes responsibility for performance and delivery
- Excellent computer and IT skills including; Word, Excel and experience of using spreadsheets and databases
- Self-motivated team player
- Prior office and project experience essential
What's in it for you:
- A permanent position with the opportunity to grow within the company
- International environment with friendly colleagues
- Modern office in the heart of Berlin
We look forward to your application!
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.