Computational Designer Intern, Summer 2024
Innovation and Technology to solve Construction Challenges!
If you are currently pursuing a bachelor's degree or above in Architecture or Engineering with a background in Computer Science, Buro Happold has an excellent opportunity for you. We are seeking a full-time Computational Designer Intern to help work towards designing and completing a computational tool that will be used by the larger, global Buro Happold team.
As part of our US team, you will earn a favorable salary and have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
To give you an idea of how this flexible role would look and feel, here are some things you could expect to do as Computational Designer Intern:
- Balance computational tool design with on-project experience as directed by the Computational Design Lead
- Participate in global development meetings that shape the digital practice within the company
- Work on developing Code-based and Dynamo/Grasshopper-based solutions to optimize complex engineering workflows
- Actively review emerging technologies and industry-wide computational design applications to identify development opportunities
Applicants for this Computational Designer Intern position must be pursuing a bachelor's degree or above in Architecture or Engineering with a background in Computer Science or a related field focusing on computational design methods. The following skills and knowledge are also required:
- Experienced user of most (preferably all) of the following: Revit, Revit API, Dynamo, Rhino, Grasshopper, Visual Studio, GitHub
- Intern or co-op experience with BIM and computational design workflows in a consultancy environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner through drawings, diagrams and/or code
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
At Buro Happold, we’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration, and innovation. You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, contributing to unique and innovative projects that inspire awe, transform communities, and help to combat climate change. Your expertise will be recognized, your opinion valued, and your passions supported.
What we offer:
- Hourly rate of $20 to $32 per hour depending on level of education and geographic location
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply online to be considered for this role. We are looking forward to your application!
A place for everyone
Buro Happold values individual's flexible approaches to working patterns as an important part of the way you work and achieve balance. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Our exceptional portfolio of projects is the result of the diversity of thought, identities, backgrounds and experiences that shape us. Appreciating each other’s differences is key, we want employees to feel they don’t have to mask elements of their identity to thrive.
We are working to change the lack of representation of marginalised groups in the built environment and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact email@example.com so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.