Civil Engineer - Infrastructure
Pioneer / Establish Innovative Solutions
We are looking to recruit several Infrastructure Engineers to be based in our London office to work on a diverse range of exciting projects in the UK and across the world.
From helping shape entire cities to tackling the challenge of climate action, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our work and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
Operating in 26 locations worldwide, with over 70 partners and 1,900 employees. We are an international practice of experts in all aspects of built environments, inspired by how we can achieve better outcomes.
This Will Encompass:
- Undertaking design from feasibility and option studies through to detailed civil engineering design, striving to see that service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget
- Preparation of reports to support planning applications and design stage deliverables
- Plan and manage CAD documentation of design work
- Prepare technical specifications
- Ensure senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
We Are Looking For:
- A technical background in drainage, roads, earthworks and utilities co-ordination
- Experience in working within a multidisciplinary team, or large international projects
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civils 3D, experience in WinDes MicroDrainage is desirable
- Experience of large international multidisciplinary projects is desirable
- Bachelors degree (Masters degree preferred)
- A desire to work towards Professional registration with a relevant institution.
Our Infrastructure team works on some of the Practice's most interesting and challenging master planning and infrastructure schemes. Examples include regeneration projects such as Elephant and Castle, Battersea and Brent Cross, cultural venues such as The Louvre Au-Dhabi, and World class sports stadia such as the Olympic Stadium and its transformation, and the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium.
The role is based in our Bath office, however, will have some flexibility for working from home.
Send your application to Buro Happold and take the first step on a journey to fulfilling your potential. #LI-NG1
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers. #LI-NG1 #Hybrid
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions through collaboration.