Civil 3D Technician
We are looking to recruit an Infrastructure Technician to be based in our India office, to work on the production and management of drawing, BIM models and technical reports for large multi-disciplinary projects in the UK and across the world.
From helping shape entire cities to tackling the challenge of climate action, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our work and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
This Will Encompass:
- Undertaking civil infrastructure design and masterplanning, from concept stage through to construction. Work typically includes drainage, earthworks, highways, pressurised water networks and other utility co-ordination.
- Managing the delivery of BIM models and CAD documentation of designs, as well as compiling BIM Execution Plans.
- Preparing technical reports, specification and schedules.
- Contributing to the planning of team workload.
- Mentor and assist more junior Technicians.
We Are Looking For:
- A technical background in infrastructure design, demonstrating development of a technical specialism in a core infrastructure discipline (Highways or Sustainable Drainage).
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD and Civils 3D. Proficiency in MicroDrainage would also be advantageous.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of BIM processes and standards such as PAS1192-2.
- An ability to undertake design tasks with minimal supervision, good communication skills, and willingness to interact will all members of the team.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD.
- A technical member of a relevant institution or actively working towards professional registration status.
Our Infrastructure team works on some of the Practice's most interesting and challenging master planning and infrastructure schemes. Examples include regeneration projects such as Elephant and Castle, Battersea and Brent Cross, cultural venues such as The Louvre Au-Dhabi, and World class sports stadia such as the Olympic Stadium and its transformation, and the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium.
Our technicians form the building blocks of what we do and are key, valued members of the team. You will lead the technical design of infrastructure projects, being responsible for co-ordination with other disciplines. You will lead continuous improvement in our deliverables, through development of software and staff capabilities.
Send your application to Buro Happold and take the first step on a journey to fulfilling your potential.
Apply now and be where exceptional is everywhere.
A place for everyone
Buro Happold values individual's flexible approaches to working patterns as an important part of the way you work and achieve balance. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Our exceptional portfolio of projects is the result of the diversity of thought, identities, backgrounds and experiences that shape us. Appreciating each other’s differences is key, we want employees to feel they don’t have to mask elements of their identity to thrive.
We are working to change the lack of representation of marginalised groups in the built environment and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.