Campus Recruiter - LA
BuroHappold Engineering is an international, integrated engineering consultancy operating in 23 locations worldwide, with over 50 partners and 1,800 staff including some of the world's leading consulting engineers. For 40 years we’ve been building our reputation for delivering creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world.
We are looking for a College Recruiter for the US Region based in our Los Angeles, CA office. The right candidate will be an intelligent, outgoing, and motivated individual with a passion for college recruiting, as well as the ability to perform some experienced recruiting for our LA & SF offices.
This role will develop and implement college recruiting plans, internship programs as well as develop new and enhance current college relationships. The College Recruiter builds relationships with leadership, hiring managers, selected college campuses, faculty members, career center staff/advisers, diverse recruitment sources, and students.
What will I be doing?
- Organize on-campus recruiting efforts nationwide (e.g., career fairs and interviews); participate in presentations, info sessions and career fairs on college and university campuses; engage with career development offices and students
- Assists in planning and coordinating regional graduate, intern and co-op programs
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and assume other responsibilities including but not limited to: experienced recruiting for LA & SF offices, immigration, employee benefits assistance, and other duties as assigned.
- Research, recommend, and implement innovative sourcing strategies to identify, attract, and hire high-quality college talent for internships and entry-level roles
- Recruit, screen and interview experienced candidates on assigned openings and work with hiring managers to identify suitable candidates
- Proactively follows up with candidates and hiring managers and tracks progress against goals for hires.
- Implement internship programs that meet the needs of the business and are attractive to college candidates; facilitate training for hiring managers, welcome luncheons and social opportunities for interns and stakeholders to connect and establish rapport
- Maintain strong relationships with college career services, key faculty, administrators, and student groups
- Develop and monitor key metrics and costs related to the recruiting function
- Work with other enterprise wide programs to network, host, source, and interview candidates for current openings
What can I bring to the role?
- Bachelor degree plus 3 years of working experience in a talent acquisition role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively with team members within the region, as well as across the firm, to meet goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written communication, presentation skills, and relationship building ability.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with limited daily supervision.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- General knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Overnight travel required during peak spring and fall recruiting season.
Why join BuroHappold?
As an organization we strive for progress and are committed to finding new and better ways to deliver elegant solutions. We recognize that this can only happen if our people can keep up with, create and implement the latest developments in technology and ideas. We offer learning and development opportunities at every level, to help shape exciting and personally satisfying careers and ensure our engineers stay at the cutting edge of industry thought.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.