CAD / BIM Modeller
Excellent Career Opportunity for CAD / BIM Modeller – Building Structures to be based in our Hyderabad office.
With recent deliveries such as the Godrej Royal Woods, Life Hub+, Vault, Vensa One, Embassy Zenith and collaboration on international commissions like the Qatar Foundation Stadium, Battersea Power Station redevelopment, and Riyadh Metro Stations, our Hyderabad office situates itself as a fast-growing design office within Buro Happold, and truly emblematic of the economic and intellectual dynamism which continues to power India's success in a global context.
We are currently recruiting for CAD Technician / BIM Modeller in our growing Structures team in Mumbai. This role will see you technically and creatively challenged on some of the most interesting developments in India and further afield. Teamwork and a collaborative approach are key to any project at Buro Happold, so your strong communication skills and passion to succeed with others will serve you well.
About the role...
As a CAD Technician / BIM Modeller your role will be to develop engineering calculations/ sketches into 3D models via advanced modelling tools such as Autodesk Revit, ACAD, Navisworks for clash detection and Enscape for presentation. You will also setup, manage and coordinate your models/drawings with other engineering disciplines and will be working closely with the engineering and client teams.
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, with a keen interest in the built environment.
As a capable CAD / BIM Modeller, we would expect you to be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in the use of Autodesk software’s such as AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks.
- Proficient in using BIM authoring tools to provide technical support and mentoring required to the project team
- Set up linked models and coordinate models across disciplines.
- An understanding of industry wide BIM standards
- Follow the established BIM execution plans and adhere to project specific documentation.
- Ensure that the model aligns with the standards and goals set in BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
- Capable of working independently or with minimal supervision
- Taking ownership of the model/drawing
- Sound knowledge of Architectural, Structural and MEP services
- Create discipline specific BIM Modelling content.
- Develop accurate construction drawings and extract data based on the discipline BIM platform.
- Able to develop concept ideas into drawing details
- Drawing/detail production from engineering sketches/calculations
- Proficient in generating Detailed reinforcement drawings and structural steel drawings
- Making sure drawing production follows company standards
- Reviewing model/drawings to check compliance with design
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of model/drawing to agreed project programmes with quality
- Clash detection, resolution and reporting ensuring a coordinated design
More about you...
- Confident, proactive character, ability to take the lead in challenging situations
- Interest in built environment and total relevant experience of 8+ yrs , including 2-3yrs working in the REVIT Structures.
- Minimum years of experience
- Good communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Preferred Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.