Associate Principal Lighting - West Coast (hybrid)
This is a leadership role. We are seeking someone who will grow our Los Angeles based lighting team, guide clients to innovative outcomes, provide project design leadership, and provide industry thought leadership on a range of cultural, higher-education and commercial projects.
What sort of projects would I work on?
What can I bring to the role?
- Passion for lighting and creative design, along with significant lighting design and project management experience within the lighting design profession
- Excellent conceptual and communication skills
- Enhancement of our lighting design brand on the West Coast
- Existing client relationships
- Expand sector reach
- Experience managing people to meet multiple deadlines
- Leadership and delegation of the production of design materials, such as concept design documents, drawings + details and technical luminaire specifications
- Experience delivering projects from concept to completion from a design and financial standpoint
- Commitment to personal development and to the enhanced teaching and development of the whole team
10+ years relevant professional experience in the lighting design industry or equivalent
Candidates should hold a professional Degree or Master’s Degree in Lighting, or a related field such as architecture, design or engineering
- Should have a proven track record of designing and delivering world class, creative and technical designs for a variety of projects across various sectors, including artificial lighting and daylight design
- Must be creative and have an expert technical knowledge of lighting and luminaires
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions through collaboration.