Associate Infrastructure Engineer
As our Infrastructure team takes on more projects, we are now looking to grow and have a number of positions available for Civil Engineers with experience in drainage and infrastructure. Working across some of the most exciting projects in India, we can offer unrivalled career opportunities and the chance to be at the cutting edge of creativity in the built environment.
BuroHappold Engineering is an independent, international engineering practice that over the last 40 years has become synonymous for the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Mumbai Cities Team is currently involved in a wide range of challenging and exciting projects, including, amongst others, Master Plan for Runwal Township Dombivili, Embassy Concept Master Plan Bangalore, Master Plan for the Multi-modal Transport Hub at Bangalore Airport, Flood management Studies, Mumbai. We have new and exciting commissions to deliver, and we provide excellent mentorship, training and career progression opportunities: we are looking for a dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic Highways biased experienced Engineer or Senior Civil Engineer to provide Civil Engineering design to infrastructure projects’ drainage, highways and site development, and to assist and contribute to developing the work of the group.
Summary of the Opportunity
- Having proven track record of multi-disciplinary infrastructure design and delivery, you will be engaged at all levels across our practice internally and with external clients & design partners.
- The successful candidate will manage a team of engineers and technicians to deliver multi-disciplinary Infrastructure Engineering Design on a diverse range of exciting projects.
- You will provide a formal line management role for a range of our Technicians and Engineers, mentoring and building their technical abilities and guiding them through formal qualifications.
- You will contribute to work-winning activities and to management of the group, identifying gaps and evolving the team to deliver projects to the highest standards.
- Manage the delivery of single and/or multidisciplinary projects, balancing demands and priorities
- Oversee and review civil infrastructure design, from project proposition through to construction. Work typically includes drainage, earthworks, highways, pressurised water networks and other utility co-ordination.
- Plan project resources and finances and monitor job financial performance.
- Manage technical staff in the delivery of BIM models and CAD documentation of designs.
- Prepare and review technical reports, specification and schedules.
- Be responsible for planning of team workload.
- Mentor and assist more junior members of the team.
- Commit to your own professional CPD and that of the team through knowledge sharing. Facilitate the development of more junior members of the team.
What will I bring to the role?
It is recognised that routes to Associate level are broad and applicants may demonstrate strengths in some but not all of these attributes.
- Have a strong technical background in infrastructure design, with a minimum 10 years’ experience.
- Have a demonstrable track record of leading a technical specialism in a core infrastructure discipline (for example, Highways or Sustainable Drainage).
- Experience of masterplan engineering, the formulation of options and holistic analysis to provide recommended solutions to clients
- An awareness and ideally experience of applying the principles of sustainability to infrastructure engineering
- Experience of successful multidisciplinary project delivery and the ability to manage and motivate the team.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be confident and willing to lead and represent the company at external meetings, including giving presentations.
- A willingness to travel.
- A desire to lead continuous quality improvement in our work.
- Experience of working with approval bodies and negotiating consents would be beneficial.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Civils 3D and Bentley Water/SewerGEMS.
- A Member of a relevant professional institution
- Compile Project Execution Plans and deliver high quality products aligned with the project programme.
- Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Member of Indian Institute of Engineers
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions through collaboration.