Associate Electrical Engineer
We are looking for a talented and experienced Electrical Engineer to join our hybrid team on the west coast. This role could be based in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, or Seattle.
As an Associate Electrical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge of building services systems across a portfolio of ground-breaking projects in the US and globally. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential to life at Buro Happold and in turn, we can offer you unrivalled career, project, and development opportunities.
What would you be doing?
As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will be varied, but likely to include:
- Work closely with clients, architects and other Buro Happold Engineers and/or design team members as part of a dedicated and skilled team
- Produce coordinated detailed design drawings, electronic models, specifications, written reports, site observation reports, schedules etc. on a variety of projects within the electrical discipline, as well as the coordination with utility companies and obtaining the necessary electrical permit approvals from Plan Check
- Organize technical and financial proposals for new work
- Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers and Technicians (including verification of quality).
- Take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design
- Prepare Technical Specifications
- Monitor financial performance of jobs
- Keep senior staff informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client are achieved
- Mentor junior Electrical Engineers
- Continually ensure practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that Buro Happold policy is in keeping with current legislation and the relevant building codes for the relevant state etc
- Plan, organize and manage personal workload in order to meet deadlines in line with client commitments
- Proactively raise concerns regarding workload and ability to meet deadlines
- Maintain an overview of the project team’s workload and commitments in order to successfully meet deadlines and balance resource utilization
- Actively contribute towards delivering profitable projects in the context of project finances
- Monitor financial performance of jobs, with the setting up and managing of job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
What are we looking for?
- 8+ years’ experience of electrical engineering design in the building services and construction industry
- Experience working on projects in the following sectors is preferred: Higher Education, Museums, Commercial, Transportation Hubs and/or Stadiums
- Relevant bachelor or master’s degree
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) desirable
- LEED AP accredited preferred
- Experience using Revit
- Familiarity using computational analysis tools such as electrical fault analysis and lighting design software
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently
- Excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems; ability to investigate, identify and provide solutions to technical problems
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills (verbal and written), with experience presenting (you will often be required to present solutions directly to 'c-suite' level stakeholders)
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports for delivery direct to a client audience
- Ability to problem solve and propose multiple solutions to Clients and objectively summarize the benefits and shortfalls of each
- Solve some of the most interesting challenges on world-class projects in collaboration with top architects
- Work within a truly multidisciplinary environment, capitalizing on Buro Happold’s extensive knowledge base in CFD, building physics, micro-climate analysis, climate change mitigation and energy master planning to inform truly environmentally responsive MEP designs
- Advance your career within a forward-thinking, global community of engineering professionals
- Have a positive impact on the environment through your work locally, nationally, and internationally
What we offer:
- Salary range of $103,100 to $154,700. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4-5 weeks depending on position) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum, Diversity and Inclusion Forum, BH Women's Network, and/or our Black at BH ERG
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
A place for everyone
Buro Happold values individual's flexible approaches to working patterns as an important part of the way you work and achieve balance. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Our exceptional portfolio of projects is the result of the diversity of thought, identities, backgrounds and experiences that shape us. Appreciating each other’s differences is key, we want employees to feel they don’t have to mask elements of their identity to thrive.
We are working to change the lack of representation of marginalised groups in the built environment and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact email@example.com so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.