Associate Electrical Engineer
Want to work with the most sought-after minds and most-talked about projects? Your skills in delivering High Rise projects and championing technical standards might just make you our new Associate Electrical Engineer.
Here at Buro Happold, expect the exceptional.
From the projects you will work on to the clients we work with. From career-defining opportunities to an inclusive and diverse practice where we all contribute to a more equitable world. From our reputation to our relationships. Wherever your Buro Happold career takes you, it’ll be anything but ordinary.
Your next role
The role of an Associate Electrical Engineer can be very varied, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the electrical discipline on projects on behalf of the group (operating as Job or Project Leader as appropriate), taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships.
- Communicating directly with Clients, offering innovative design solutions and managing expectations. Further developing relationships with existing and new clients including contractors, architects and developers.
- Preparing technical and financial proposals for new work.
- Managing workload of engineers and technicians
- Monitor financial performance of jobs as well as setting up and managing job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure.
- Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design reviews for projects. Undertake site visits as needed for the smooth operation of the project(s).
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that Buro Happold policy is in keeping with current legislation, Indian Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Having a hands-on approach to all technical aspects of this role and being a domain expert to your team.
- Embracing technologies to improve performance and sustainability to meet to net zero targets by 2030.
- Ensuring projects are carried out to an excellent standard, within agreed deadlines and budget.
- Actively engage with colleagues across disciplines, in group discussions and at events and seminars.
- Autonomously represents Buro Happold to clients, architects and collaborators.
Your skills and experience
As an experienced Associate Electrical Engineer, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
- An enthusiasm for delivering simple effective solutions to solve complex problems.
- Proven ability to manage a team. · A respected designer of electrical engineering systems with experience across a broad range of sectors
- The ability to accept a high degree of responsibility for project technical and financial performance.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, able to develop relationships with clients, architects and other team members.
- Although electrically biased it is expected that you will have a good understanding of other design disciplines. · Client facing experience as well as experience.
- Domain expertise in codes and standards in your field.
- Being that Mentor you wanted to have / had when you were a Junior Engineer.
- A Bachelor’s degree BEng/BSc or Master’s degree MEng/MSc in a relevant discipline.
What we offer you
Bring your knowledge and expertise to one of the world’s most respected consultancies.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including Annual Discretionary Bonus, Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme for both you and your family, Group Personal Accident Cover
- Our 5-day workweek policy supports work-life balance, ensuring you have time to relax and recharge.
- A strong commitment to your continuous development. Whatever stage in your career, we have a learning and development programme that will enable and empower you
- Receive entitlements to two professional memberships or subscriptions, fostering your professional network and knowledge
- Benefit from our Employee Referral Bonus, rewarding you for bringing talented candidates into our fold
- A commitment to your wellbeing through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and wellness initiatives designed to support your mental and physical health
- Back to Work Program for Women - Swam Siddha - We're committed to empowering women, facilitating seamless re-entry into the workforce through our dedicated program
- Engage with our vibrant community through the Young Employees Forum, Diversity and Inclusion Forum, and BH Women's Network, fostering a supportive and diverse workplace culture
- Make a difference in the world with our Share Our Skills (SOS) program, offering opportunities to support local communities and those in need globally.
- An International Culture that wherever your career takes you at Buro Happold, you won’t be far from the exceptional.
A place for everyone
Buro Happold values individual's flexible approaches to working patterns as an important part of the way you work and achieve balance. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Our exceptional portfolio of projects is the result of the diversity of thought, identities, backgrounds and experiences that shape us. Appreciating each other’s differences is key, we want employees to feel they don’t have to mask elements of their identity to thrive.
We are working to change the lack of representation of marginalised groups in the built environment and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.