Associate Director (Electrical)
An opportunity for an Associate Director to join our CIBSE award-winning Building Services team in London. This is a strategic role that will see you providing crucial leadership to projects, teams, and clients.
More about the role...
This role will see you driving outstanding multidisciplinary project delivery, enhancing the technical knowledge and standards of the team, and supporting business development activities in close partnership with senior leaders in the MEP discipline and wider business.
- Acting as a Project Leader / Director for multi-disciplinary projects operating across multiple groups, working with a Project Director to take overall responsibility for the technical and financial performance of the projects.
- Being a technical champion for the delivery of high quality, robust and correct designs.
- Taking ownership for electrical systems and resilient designs with an ability to mentor others while retaining responsibility for product delivery.
- Leading or participating in high-level project technical/quality reviews.
- Mentoring more junior employees so that meaningful delegation can apply within the team.
- Taking ownership for project delivery programmes and contributing to resource management activities.
- Organising project workshops to ensure that the wider expertise of the firm is available to the project.
- Promoting Buro Happold’s integrated services to potential Clients.
- Reviewing financial and technical submissions/proposals; attending interviews.
- Developing and maintaining key client relationships under all circumstances, maximizing opportunities for repeat business.
Your skills & experience
- Experience leading MEP deliverables on projects and acting in a Project Director / Project Leader role.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams on complex projects.
- Comfortable in a client-facing role and comfortable presenting.
- HV and Resilient buildings experience would be highly advantageous.
- Chartered with a relevant institution, e.g. CIBSE or IET.
- Relevant qualifications.
What we offer:
- Performance incentive scheme, up to 8% of basic salary.
- Hybrid working and international remote working for up to 4 weeks per year.
- Parental leave, up to six months on full salary.
- Family Private medical insurance.
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible holiday.
- 10% pension contribution (based on 5% employee contribution)
- Flexible Benefits - corporate discounts, gym memberships, cycle-to-work, et al.
We value flexible working and welcome applications from those who are seeking this in their careers.
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
A place for everyone
Buro Happold values individual's flexible approaches to working patterns as an important part of the way you work and achieve balance. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Our exceptional portfolio of projects is the result of the diversity of thought, identities, backgrounds and experiences that shape us. Appreciating each other’s differences is key, we want employees to feel they don’t have to mask elements of their identity to thrive.
We are working to change the lack of representation of marginalised groups in the built environment and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact email@example.com so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.