Archive Assistant - Part-time - London
A super flexible part-time role, join our London Office Support team and work autonomously as an Archiving Assistant.
As Archive Assistant you will work as part of the Business Support team, working closely with our Librarian and Group Coordinators but able to manage your own workload and hours. We are ideally looking for support around 25-30 hours per week, on an ongoing temporary basis.
We have a number of documents and files which need to be prepared for archiving. Working with a friendly and stable team, you will have ownership for reducing on site pre-archiving and managing the archiving process for the London office, ensuring archiving is accurately recorded and sent off site.
What will I be doing?
- Liaising with Group Coordinators, Project Directors and Librarian to identify projects for archiving.
- Reviewing documents to identify which need archiving, scanning or shredding.
- Scanning, uploading and storing project files and associated documents.
- Creating archive records, recording box contents and obtaining appropriate sign-off
- Arranging addition of archiving to offsite storage
- Ensuring offsite storage is well maintained and material can be retrieved quickly via the digitisation of hard-copy files where appropriate.
- Forming and maintaining the electronic structure of projects by ensuring closed and completed projects are moved to the archive server safe area
- Organising the secure disposal of material when it reaches the end of its legal storage time.
- Recording and managing archive loans and returns
What will I bring to the role?
- High attention to detail and great organisational skills
- Consistent and systematic approach to your work
- The ability to manage your own workload and work independently
- A proactive and positive outlook and desire to be an integral part of an excellent team
- Previous experience in a administration role
In return, we are able to offer you a very flexible and friendly work environment and the option to work on a part-time basis in our thriving London office. We would welcome you to our close-knit business support team.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role.